Saturday, September 10, 2011

I should be sleeping...

After all, Ethan is! :-P
At 10:24am on August 1st, we heard those magic words: "It's a boy!"  And, with that, our lives were forever changed.  It has been almost 6 weeks since then, and I would be lying if I didn't say that they have flown right by.  I'm a Mommy!  That is wild.

So, I decided to change the blog up a little bit.  I doubt I will be updating it very often for now, but I hope to use it as a way to document my baby's first year(s) of life - all of the ups, downs, smiles and WTF moments.  While I am on maternity leave, I am doing some work from home.  So, to say I have no time in the day for much else between that and Ethan would be an understatement.  Honestly, I should be in bed right now.  However, once I return to work at the end of October, I hope to start maintaining this more.

Since I should be sleeping, I'll give you a teaser of the upcoming posts. :)  I will post our labor & delivery story next, along with some pictures from Ethan's first day outside of my uterus.  After that I will probably give you some stories from our adventures in nursing and schedules.  (spoiler alert: Schedules in the first month of life are a crock of shit.  That is, unless your baby came flying out of your vagina with a magic instruction manual.  Otherwise, you're remembering it wrong (highly likely) or a fat liar if you say you had your child on a schedule that early.  Liar, liar, pants on fire to you.)

Alrighty, off to bed!  I will be up feeding the booger in about 3 hours, and those 3 hours of sleep are golden to me.

1 comment: