Monday, April 30, 2012

2 steps forward

Literally.

Ethan took two steps on his own between his TeeMaw and Aunt Cara.  I was thisclose to bursting into tears.  Part of me hopes it was a fluke, another part hopes that it was not.  How could this happen?  My baby, who has no interest in crawling, is trying to walk.  He'll be 9 months tomorrow, and my heart is breaking.

Michael and I were talking about the different phases that kids go through.  I am currently hanging on to the "baby phase".  I told him that he better not try to rush Ethan out of this phase because it is so short for me.  I find myself rocking him "just a few more minutes" at night where we were putting him down right after saying his prayers.  He will be a year old in just three short months.  I wish I could pause time.  But, that is what those few extra minutes in the rocking chair each night feel like - like I am pausing time.  Even though brief, it is like the world stops for me and my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment