Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Prenatal Yoga

Why didn't I do this with Ethan?!  Who knows.

So, about a month ago, I researched prenatal yoga in the area.  I found two studios in Denham Springs that offer classes.  One was in the middle of a transition of owners and the other was right down the road from work.  They offer a class on Wednesday at noon, so I decided to sneak away from my desk and go try it out at lunch that week.  I absolutely fell in love.  It gave me an hour away everything and focus on me and baby.  I immediately grabbed the STEAL they had on Groupon and have been going regularly for the past four weeks.

What I love is that it's a small class - usually me and one other girl, but last week another two ladies tried it out (and, it was still an intimate class).  We start each class with a little recap of something good and bad that happened with us and baby over the last week.  Then, we move into the stretching.  We do some strengthening moves, including kegals, and then use the last 5 minutes or so of class to meditate.  After class, I grab a soup and salad from the DeAngelo's across the street and then come back to work feeling balanced and happy.  With the regular stresses of work and the bigger stresses of building a house, I need this time away (albeit brief).

I'm super excited to be able to FINALLY go to their Saturday class this week.  I have a video at home somewhere that I could use, but I don't really have a nice quiet place to do it at the house.  I wish I did because I would do it every.single.day.  When we finally get to move into the new house, I'll have that space for the final months of this pregnancy - which will probably be when I need it the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment