Monday, December 30, 2013

Can I scream now?

Because I kinda wanna scream.

So, after not being able to get in touch with my GC since last Monday, I finally hear back from him this morning.  I figured that everyone is taking a nice little vaca with the holidays, but dammit to hell just take the 30 seconds to respond to a text or email!  The biggest question I needed an answer to was regarding whether or not I needed to push back the girl who was set up to do the antiquing on the kitchen cabinets Thursday.  All I needed was a yes or no.  We went by the house yesterday and found no paint.  I went ahead and told her it was highly doubtful that the house would be ready for Thursday.  Turns out that I was correct.

We are waiting on the trim carpenter to come back to run all of the base boards and trim up to the cabinets.  Apparently, he's been "very busy" and is supposed to be coming to do our work on Friday.  The painter is supposed to start a week from today, and that will take all week.  So, assuming all of that goes down as it should, my antiquing lady should be able to get in on Saturday, the 11th at the earliest.

At this point, I am completely exhausted with the house.  Breaking our budget has become inevitable; it seems.  We have been saving as much as possible, and at this point are praying that everything works out.  There are a few items that I am waiting on for updating the budget (i.e. lighting fixtures, possible changes from cash payment).  Plus, I've developed a super nice sinus drip and head cold.  If you run into me over the next week, watch out! ;)

But, hey.  At least our cabinets look beautiful:


Stove side of the kitchen
 
Sink/dishwasher side of kitchen



No comments:

Post a Comment