Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Damn you Starbucks!

I should probably just stay away - it would be for the better.  Every.single.time that I go to Starbucks and someone pays for my drink or I pay for someone else, I have a terrible day.  So, I am interested to see how today will go since the girl at the window didn't charge me for my tea since they were out of the cinnamon roll I wanted.  Maybe in some weird Twilight Zone, that means I will have the best day of my life.  A girl can dream, right?

This morning I realized how negative I have been lately.  As much as I try to not be downtrodden in front of Ethan, I know he can sense it.  Yesterday, I finally hit a wall.  This morning, I got up and decided that things just cannot stay like this for me any longer.  It's not healthy for me and Liam, Michael or Ethan.  I prayed about it on the way in to work and just asked for guidance.  At this point, that's all I can do.  God works in funny ways.  You keep trying to control things and pushing yourself to limits, and He just sits back and lets you do it until you finally collapse and realize that He is all you need.  Thankfully, I'm there now.  Yesterday, I finally collapsed and today I am asking that He point me in the right direction and lead our family.  Why is it that I get to these points?  Why can't I just continue to let Him lead us?  Because I am so stubborn - and that's the damn truth.  As things progressively get more beautiful and wonderful, I try to control them and manipulate them into better when all I should do is sit back and enjoy what God has in store for us.  I am not perfect at all, and times like this serve as a very humble reminder.

I went to yoga at lunch, and it's amazing how much better I feel.  I got to release some tension and just laugh.  Laughter is such an amazing medicine.

Good news on the house: The last of the cabinets are being installed as I type!  The locks will be on the doors this weekend, and the painter is scheduled to start Monday!! WOOHOO!  The master shower is done, the tub backsplash will be completed shortly, and the kitchen backsplash has been measured for.  Check out the progress we've been making:

Loving our brick!
Back patio
Master Shower (upper half)

Master Shower (lower half)
 




No comments:

Post a Comment