Friday, January 24, 2014

City workers....UGH

I am not sure that the "City of Denham Springs" as a whole does much right or well.  Up until recently, the only way to pay your bill was to visit them during their jacked up hours, or mail in a check.  Now, you can pay online with a fee.  Well, lucky us!  Our water, sewage and gas for the new house are all under City of DS.  So, I call them this morning to let them know it's time to set up our gas meter - you know, so we can start climate controlling our poor house in the crazy weather.  The first time I called, the girl tells me that the person I need to speak to is away from her desk and to "call back in a few minutes".  Well, I know from previous experiences that their offices close at 11am on Fridays (must be nice).  So, I call back right at 10am - plenty of time for what's-her-face to get back to her desk.  Now I am told that I "need to call back during normal business hours".  Are you f*cking kidding me?  They have changed their business days to Monday-Thursday.  Now, who the hell answered the phone and what department she works for, who knows!!  I mean, I figured that no one would be going out today, but I was hoping to have my ticket started so that I might be first in line on Monday.

Whatevs.

So, we are chugging away, getting closer and closer to the end!  Our outdoor kitchen should be bricked tomorrow, maybe Sunday or Monday (apparently, brickers don't like the cold).  The sheetrocker will be there Tuesday to do any repairs that need to be completed, and then the painters will start on Wednesday - and take 2-3 days to complete their second coats, staining and touch-ups.  I am meeting with the landscaper on Tuesday to make a decision on that part, and then he'll start ASAP - weather permitting.  Our flooring guy will be doing the apoxy coat on the floors starting the 5th, which means we could start moving in that weekend (ideally)!  Of course, we still need to get an appraisal done for our mortgage, so I'm not sure how that is going to fall or affect us in this process.  The best part about building yourself is that you don't really have to wait to go to closing to move in.  The construction loan is ours, which means that the house is ours already.  We just need to flip it to a regular mortgage before the 1 year mark hits on our loan.  We decided to use DSLD Mortgage and Title for our closing.  So, fingers crossed no bumps or hiccups! ;)

In the meantime, we had the antiquing done on the kitchen cabinets!!  We LOVE it, and the pictures just do not do it justice, but here's a peek:


Wine rack and bead board


Closer pic of the detail

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment