Friday, January 17, 2014

Tile, granite and fixtures - oh my!

We've had an exciting week, and another one is coming!

So far, we've taken delivery of our barn doors (still to be installed) and remaining brick (for the driveway skirt and outdoor kitchen), had granite installed, completed the backsplash around the master tub and in the kitchen, had most of the lighting fixtures installed, started plumbing trim out, and completed the HVAC trim outs.
Mud area complete!
Those red dials means that this bitch does business in the kitchen.
Unfortunately, it is still too wet to do the grading in the yard to prep for sod.  Brickers will probably finish the ddriveway skirt and outdoor kitchen tomorrow.  They'll have to pump the water out of the driveway skirt area to finish that part - then one won't need a full-sized truck to actually pull up onto our driveway.  According to weather.com (which is an absolutely reliable source), we should have beautiful sunny skies for the next 10 days - just in case they don't make tomorrow.

I have a meeting with the blinds/shutters rep next week, and our antiquing girl will be there on Tuesday to complete the kitchen cabinets.  I CANNOT.WAIT to see the end result! 

Now, what would this blog be without a little bit of bitching, right?  We've visited the house a few times this week, and now that we're getting so close to the end, shit is starting to get real - and real annoying.  For one, I noticed that one of my cabinet doors on the island was damaged by someone knocking it off of one hinge (had to be the plumber or electrician).  It will be fixed, but still.  I know it's not your house, but please don't eff my shit up - ESPECIALLY since I am PAYING you to be there.   You have no idea what kind of hell I am capable of bringing to you.  Then we were told by the electrician that there "may not be a wire above the island" for our lighted pot rack.  Well, then you better make one happen, kind sir!  (edit: I did go back and review the plans, and it does not appear that one was originally there.  Go figure.)  Next on the list is our bar area.  The slab of granite that is there now sure as hell is not protruding enough into the living room to be considered a "bar".  According to the plans, it should be a bar.  I even have the metal works to go underneath it for support sitting in my office.  Please don't make me go pregnant-postal.

And, on top of everything that's kept me excited and stressed all week between the house and my "real job", I got scheduled to work my "for fun job" tomorrow.  I had gotten so used to them reaching out to me to see if I could work X day at Y time, so I'm glad I randomly checked the schedule online.  I had already booked a massage that afternoon, so talk about pissy 'n pregnant when I had to call and cancel.  Honestly, working beyond this weekend before Liam arrives will be difficult.  Byron's wedding is next weekend, we will be moving/situating into the new house the next one or two weekends, I am co-hosting Jessica's baby shower the third weekend in February, and beyond that I could be having a baby at any moment.  Makes me tired just thinking about it.

But, something adorable that happened last night.  Michael got the "nesting" urge.  We bought several large storage containers and started going through Ethan's clothes and shoes.  The kid grows so fast that it's hard to keep up with what fits.  Plus, most of his clothes either fit in the waist or the length, but not both.  We sorted out what was definitely or close to too small and started a box for Liam.  It definitely felt good to get some organization going on.  Michael wants to be as packed and ready as possible for the big move.  Tonight, I'm going to go through my closet and dresser to see what I can go ahead and pack up, and what can go to Goodwill.  Our goal is to not buy anything new from now until we after we move in the house - no new clothes, "things for the house", etc.  Yeah....let's see how this goes! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment