Friday, February 17, 2012

My little Valentine

I know Valentine's Day has come and gone, but I still have to share my little Cupid. :)

Isn't he just the cutest?
So, we've tried getting Ethan's 6 month pictures about three times now.  Our original date was changed due to the weather, then we tried the next week and weather again forced us to move.  We tried at the house, but Ethan was being very fussy.  So, now we're supposed to meet up for a mini session today.  I PRAY that the weather and Ethan's mood show a better face today!

I love my little sweetheart!  I love how he holds my face and gives me kisses.  I love how he holds onto my fingers.  I love how he looks at me and studies my face when I feed him.  I love his morning smiles.

Ethan makes my heart absolutely burst with love!



Today is also a very sad day..  One of the mommies on my August baby board is burying her angel.  He passed on Monday from SIDS.  It absolutely rips my heart out of my chest.  I have cried so much and prayed for them to find comfort and peace.  No parent should ever have to bury their child, especially their baby..  I cannot begin to imagine the heartache.  Out of this tragedy, many people have come together and raised over $12,000 to help them with the funeral expenses, missed work, etc.  I am so proud to be a part of such a generous and loving group.  Giving to this family made me feel like I was able to help, even if just a little, during this terrible ordeal.  I've said many quiet prayers, and we have been mentioning them at night with Ethan's prayers.  I do not understand why these things happen, and I try not to question.  Questioning will only drive you to madness because there is no answer.  All I can do is pray, kiss my baby and hold him tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment