Tuesday, November 19, 2013

It's a babeh....!

You know what I love?  Red Raspberry Leaf tea.  I can have roughly a glass or so a day right now, and then I can drink it pretty much all day towards the end of the 3rd trimester.  It's not the tastiest tea I've ever had, but it's a really nice herbal tea - and I cold steep it to make sure it's never bitter.  I've been drinking a crapton more tea in general.  Almost every morning I've been getting a passion tea at Starbucks.  A random mix-up on my usual iced tea shaker now has me addicted to the hot version.

So, I guess that's enough about tea.

I'm sure you're probably curious about what we're having since I mentioned it on the last post.  I think it's safe to release the news on here..........


 
I get teary every time I think or say "my boys".  Michael has visions of running and playing ball with his boys - and this Momma could not be more ready to watch that.  He and Ethan will be best little buds - when they're not fighting! ;)  Plus, I love that they will be able to bunk up later if we did want to go for a third.  We wouldn't move any of the babies to the 4th bedroom across the house until years down the road.  Michael's mancave is safe for now.
 
Updates with the house:
The brick layers have started working, and we have interior doors!  Woohoo!  So, the trim guys will do everything they can until the brick and cabinets are done. 

 
 




And, just when I thought I was done with paint... I get the estimate! If you've been following along or have spoken to me in the past month or two, you know how much I despise paint selections at this point in time. Well, I finally got everything selected - walls, trim, cabinets, ceilings, etc. And, then I get hit with the cost of all of those different color selections. Wow wow we-wa... I basically doubled my budget. So, back to the drawing board!! What I decided was the make the ceilings, cabinets and trim color the same. I am requesting a quote on what the cost will be for keeping my island a different color - the number will determine the outcome. I also cut out four room colors. I tried to be smart about them, and hopefully that will pay off. I still have to get an estimate from the girl who would/will be doing the antiquing in the kitchen. Hopefully, that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg!

I think we decided on granite, too. Let's just hope the sticker shock isn't as much as the paint!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment