Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Rainbows & butterflies

...building a house is neither of these.

So, we've had "relatively" smooth sailing so far - no huge hiccups.  It only makes sense that we're starting to hit a few here towards the end, right?  I say hiccups, but they're more like annoyances.

Three weeks ago, we selected the tile for our shower and backsplashes.  This week, my GC asked me if they were ordered.  My first thought was, "Um...whert?"  See, when we picked it out, they explained to us that they would get our measurements from the guy doing the work - who they have on file.  Then, either they would get back to us on a price, or he would include it in his estimate for us - either way we were fine.  I sent a text to our guy that same night and told him where we were and that they would be needing/getting the measurements from him.  Well, after Dustin contacted me, I immediately called the tile store.  Of course, I had to leave a message with our sales rep - who did not call me back.  I tried again this morning, and after a brief "on hold" stint, she answered.  I still don't know if it's been ordered or not.  So, I reached back out to Dustin and our tiling guy to let them know.  So, here we are.  Our tile guy is going to contact our sales rep (well, his sales rep - she is the one who manages his account).  The rep also said she would contact him and get back to me before the end of the day.  She tried to say that they may have the measurements, but not placed the order yet - it's on her "task list".  WTF?!  We did our part THREE WEEKS ago!!  Is that not ample time to get measurements and place an order?!  Wow.

Moving on... Our first load of cabinets was supposed to go in after lunch today.  I'm going to assume that may not happen with Mother Nature's shitty attitude.  We're supposed to have rain until around midnight tonight.  UGH.  But, hey!  What's one more day or so, right?  And, guess what else can't get finished in the rain?  The brick.  Yep, yep....the back, outdoor kitchen, and one side of the house is not fully complete.  I knew building into the cold, wet winter and around the holidays was going to bite us in the asses.

Of course, the weather is supposed to be damn near perfect for Thanksgiving and the weekend!  I guess them's the breaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment