Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Mommy brain

I am so out of it.  Our financing woes might have just been lessened.  DSLD brought mortgage and title in house under the same name.  I am so used to thinking about those being reserved for DSLD houses only, but they are totally not.  They can offer the same deal we were looking at with GMFS, but I might get a nice break on the closing costs!  Halle-lur-ya!

Bad news (but not really), we might not be seeing our cabinets go in until next week.  No biggie - paint should getting done and the brick layers will be starting this week!  I finally decided on a color - Benjamin Moore Seashell for all the cabinets.  We'll be doing a glaze for the kitchen, so that will differentiate it from the living room.  The other rooms are spaced enough so that it won't look so exactly the same everywhere.  But, the truth is.... I am just tired of looking at paint.  If I was a better planner, I would have been scoping out paint at other people's houses for years now.  Instead, I'm flying by the seat of my pants and praying I don't end up with a mismatched house!  But, I know it will be easier to change them later with the neutral color on them now.  I'm hoping to have some new progress pictures to post later this week or early next to show some visible changes.  Today, I am meeting with Dustin to decide on the trim carpentry - shelving in the pantry/closets, closet rods, etc.

In other news, Ethan finally spilled the beans on the baby!  I am going to wait just a little longer before I go all "social media" with it because I want to make sure all of the family we want to tell personally has received the news.  So, I will probably reveal BOY or GIRL in my next post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment