Monday, May 9, 2011

Starting to feel "big"

I read somewhere that between 27 and 28 weeks you'll have a spike in weight gain.  I'll be 28 weeks on Wednesday, and I don't necessarily feel like I've had a spike.  I just feel bigger.  At my appointment last week, I was up 13lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight.  I can still fit into my prepregnancy jeans (with a rubber band instead of buttoning them), but I think the time has come to buy a few key maternity pieces. *sigh*  I made it to the third trimester without needing maternity clothes (minus the bras)!  I think I'm going to check a few consignment shops first.  I am not spending a fortune on clothes that I will only be able to wear for 12 weeks.  I realize that I'll still be "puffy" after the baby is born, but I think I might be back in some of my pre-pregnancy clothes fairly soon.  Everyone has said that you still look 5-6 months pregnant after the baby.  Well, my 5-6 months were still in my normal clothes! lol

I hope all of the mothers and mothers-to-be had a great Mother's Day yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment