Monday, May 2, 2011

I feel broke.

Today, I realized that I feel broke.  I am not broke, but being in the strict mindset of saving for a baby makes me feel that way.  That's a good thing, right?  I've gotten into the habit of "paying the baby" like I do a bill.  When I got paid last week, I set all of my bills through the 15th to come out today.  And, I pay extra on important things, like my car.  "Paying for the baby" includes money into savings, plus diapers.  Maybe it's just the stress of thinking about/planning our money, but I can't help but feel broke! lol!

We went to Baby Grand on Saturday, and that was interesting.  I wish they would have held more than one of each class, though.  It was hard to hit all of the booths (to make sure your door prize form was complete), attend the classes you wanted, and then try to make one of the hospital tour sessions.  We were there no later than 9:15a (started at 9a), and only made it to 3 classes (2 for me, 1 for him) out of the 5 we were hoping for, and the last tour session.  Then, everyone who won a door prize acted like you just kicked their new puppy.  Guess free stuff for your baby isn't exciting for everyone! ;)  We did get some great info and good samples.  I haven't made it through all of the "stuff" in the registration bag, but hopefully there are some coupons!  (I started clipping newspaper coupons last night - PIA!)

Today, I went to buy a baby shower gift for a co-worker, and picked out/up our baby book.  I had a coupon, plus I figured it would be needed for the shower.  I haven't bought anything in quite a while!  LOL  Then, another co-worker got onto me for buying this.  I can't win. ;)  I'll just call this my early Mother's Day gift from and to myself.  Haha!

I'm gearing up for a busy month ahead!  We have birthdays, a wedding, baby showers, baby classes, the church fair....Whew!  Plus I have plenty to do at work with the upcoming evaluations and continuing to get everything in order for my maternity leave.  Only 13 weeks left!! Eek!

1 comment: