Thursday, February 10, 2011

Baby Girl Names

VOTE on my Name List

So, here's the deal.  When we started discussing girl names, we both liked Aubrey and Camille.  However, Michael got a little superstitious and suggested that instead of trying to figure out two girl options, let's just combine them!  Well, I had really liked the idea of having family names with each of our children - Ethan Michael (duh).  When we think of our "first" daughter, we call her Aubrey - we love the name.  So, I figured up several other options with family names from my side.  If you click the picture above, you can vote on them.  Below are the names and explanations of where the family name came from:

Aubrey Camille - our original option and still in the running
Aubrey Mae - from Gladys Mae, my great aunt on my dad's side - she lived with us until she passed away when I was 12, and was a second grandmother to me
Aubrey Lea - pronounced "Lee", from my paternal grandmother, Hilda Lea - she passed when I was a baby, but I know she was an amazing woman
Aubrey Clara* - from my great grandmother on my mom's side, who I know nothing about.  I just kind of liked Clara and wanted another option :)

So, anyway, please vote and comment your thoughts!  I like to hear other people's thoughts. :)

~~~~~~~
*ETA: I was just informed by my mother that her grandmother, Clara, was a crazy bitch.  Sooooo, definitely no Aubrey Clara. :)
We have added Aubrey Kristen to the mix.  My middle name is my Mom's name, and her middle name was her mother's name.

2 comments:

  1. I'm from thebump.com and saw your post. Thought I'd vote on your baby girl names.

    Aubrey Mae gets my vote! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i vote Aubrey Kristen. you know me i love cute traditions!

    ReplyDelete