Wednesday, February 23, 2011

When it rains, it pours...

But, then out comes the sun!

So, I have been waiting to post again until after the car fiasco had been settled.  To be honest, it has not been yet.  It looks like I will be getting the car, but when is another story.  The dealership in Mississippi that screwed everything up to begin with is trying to fix the situation.  The problem is that "my car" is at another dealership and they are trying to negotiate it over to them for me to purchase.  It's been a pain in the padded ass, to say the least.  My car note is due today, so it would be lovely to have a final answer this afternoon.  I have a week before they ding me, and I would hate to pay my note only to trade it off.

So, this past weekend, Michael and I drove to Austin to visit my older brother.  I don't like long drives, but this was really nice.  Michael and I had great conversations the whole way there and back.  Much of that stemmed from only being able to talk about the car for over a week at that point.  We had a lot of catching up to do on our thoughts that did not include the car. :)  We talked about the baby and our future plans.  Everything has been wonderful, and we are so grateful and blessed right now.  The trip itself was awesome.  We stopped in Lake Charles and stayed with my Gamma on Friday night.  She and my aunt/godmother, Janet, were able to hear the baby's heartbeat before we left.  It is so special to me to be able to share that with the people that I love.  We arrived in Austin Saturday afternoon, and Billy became our unofficial tour guide for the weekend.  I love how excited he gets to do that for other people.  He has such a wealth of information, and I was surprised at how much he knew about Austin.  We visited downtown, Johnson City (LBJ house and ranch), Fredericksburg (Circle E candle factory - OMG), San Antonio (the Missions and Riverwalk), and the state cemetery.  We ate at some awesome local places and met one of Billy's friends, Jim.  He's a great guy and was gracious enough to be our driver for the majority of the trip.  I'll post some pics tonight (hopefully).  I also got to see some of my friends from April's bachelorette cruise - Kimberly and Clay!  They are also expecting a baby, just a week or 2 after us.  It was really nice to catch up and introduce them to Michael, Billy and Jim.  And, the yogurt place we met at has got to be THE BEST in the world!  OMG - Yummilicious is the shiznit.

Sunday, we headed back home.  We were so excited and happy to see our little Koopa again!  I hate leaving him.  However, the joy of coming home was short-lived.  We walked into the house only to find that our refrigerator's freezer was all screwed up.  We weren't sure what the problem was, but it was leaking, freezing, leaking, freezing and had just become one huge mess.  There was water puddling up, but thankfully had not gone past a foot.  Michael's dad came over and we pulled the thing out.  We're not 100% sure on the problem, but we're pretty sure the compressor burnt up.  There were scorch marks on the wall behind the refrigerator, and you could hear sizzling as the ice was leaking and dripping.  By the way, NEVER buy a Samsung refrigerator.  We found out the hard way that NO ONE in Baton Rouge or DS will work on one.  So, even if the problem could have been fixed, we could only rely on Best Buy's Geek Squad to tell us.  They charge $130 just to come look at it, and it would take a day or 2 before they could.  So, what then?  You either tell me it's a bust or you charge me out of my ass to come back and fix it.  In the meantime, I have nothing to keep food cold?  Um, hell no.  Plus, we had bought a floor model at a GREAT discount, and had to sacrifice a warranty of any sort on it.  So, yesterday we bought a new refrigerator.  I guess it sucks, but I am glad it happened before the baby was here.  Plus, it was on sale and we're getting a $250 cash rebate through this Louisiana program for energy efficient appliances.  Maybe I'm just dulled to bullshit now, because this didn't phase me at all. lol  I did a little shopping today to help perk me up.  New face care and make-up always helps me feel better. ;)

So, now I'm just waiting to hear back from the dealership about my car.  The price was right, so now it's just a matter of them not screwing it up again!

No comments:

Post a Comment