Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ouch!

Well, I passed my glucose test!  The tech couldn't get my blood flowing well at first.  And that medicine tasted like thick, extra strength Benadryl.  Gross.  It literally made me sick to my stomach.  I was worried I was going to hurl for a few minutes afterwards.  Other than that, the appointment went well and baby is still growing right on schedule.

Moving right along...

The crib bedding sold!  Yay!  I found a different set that I LOVE now:

Close up


I am not going to run out and buy it though.  I'm afraid I'll change my mind again! lol  I think I'm pretty set on this one, but I'll wait until after my showers to buy ANYTHING else.  I do really want to go ahead and get it though! lol  I love that I could just get a pink fitted crib sheet & pillow and it would look adorably girly, or leave as is for a boy.

Baby Grand is in a couple of weeks, and then we have three classes to attend - Baby & You Orientation Tour, Special Delivery & After Baby Comes.  Then, the shower is on June 11th and maternity pictures are the 18th.  Whew!  Lots of things going on for our little angel!  Plus, we have plenty of friends with their own little bundles of joy to celebrate with!  Several showers for friends coming up, too.  Love it!  Now through June will be very busy, but then July will be our break to relax and do any last minute preparations for the little booger. *sigh* :)

Bought more diapers today!  Michael will be happy! lol  I forgot to a couple of weeks ago, and he was asking me why our diapers hadn't come in yet!  I think now that my 30% cash back program is over, I might start buying gift cards for diapers.  Not sure.

Yesterday, I was cleaning out old pictures, and I came across some from my fitness progress documentation.  It was partly depressing, but also inspiring.  I worked so hard to get healthy, slim down and feel damn good about myself.  So far, at 24 weeks, I have gained about 9 lbs.  I know that doesn't sound like much, but I still have 16 weeks to go.  And, you're supposed to gain faster the closer you get to the end.  I'm not obsessive over it, but I am very aware.  I don't want to gain too fast, and I want to make sure that I can lose it afterwards.  I want to look like this again (when nothing really pinched or "hung out"), but better:

I will be my own inspiration!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment