Monday, April 11, 2011

So sleepy...

Lately, I feel like I could literally sleep the day away.  I am so grateful for a 3-day weekend next week!

Things are pretty quiet on the baby front.  I went to the Strawberry Festival with Melody and Doris this past weekend, and realized I need to stay far, far away from baby shops more than ever now!  They had a shop called The Flourless Bakery with some absolutely precious Saints diaper cakes & diaper wreaths (and other themes!).  They even had diaper cupcakes!  SOOO CUTE!  I was able to stop myself though! :)  That is where not knowing the gender of our baby has been quite helpful - keeping my spending at bay!  The hard part about this was that they had gender neutral cakes and wreaths!  However, I also had two friends there to remind me that I have showers and that there will be plenty of time to shop after those.

Speaking of diapers, my mom shared a little tidbit of info with me the other day.  She said that cloth diapers make the best burp cloths!  She said they are usually made of extremely soft material - softer than some "burp cloths".  Who knew!  The thought of washing poopy diapers kind of turns my stomach, but I can jump on board using them as burp clothes! lol

I have my next prenatal appointment this week.  This time I get to go through the glucose test.  Yay.  Fasting, drinking a nasty sugar concoction and getting my blood drawn were exactly what I wanted to add to my to-do list!  (note the sarcasm)  Recently, I made the mistake of watching a video of an epidural needle being inserted.  While I am still likely to request one, I am not sure how soon I will be!  This made me realize that I definitely need to ask Perch about developing a birth plan.  I had printed one out from TheBump website last week, but some of the options/questions on there have me a little taken aback.  Labor augmentation?  Membrane stripping??  I have yet to be introduced to these topics in the baby books!  While I have become pretty comfortable with the pregnancy, the thought of labor scares the sh!t out of me.  I know women go through it every day, but for someone who hasn't yet, it's a scary place.

For now, I'm just hoping for a smooth sailing week. :)

2 comments:

  1. if you pass i will bring you a treat! :-)

    your not alone, pregnancy doesn't worry me but the labor and birth part always has!

    good luck on the test!

    ReplyDelete