Monday, March 21, 2011

Big Boobs, Registries & Blinds, oh my!

So, this past weekend proved to be quite overwhelming!  We registered for the baby at Target (Michael was waaay better at it than me!), and I bought new bras.  Woot.

I finally put my pregnant-panties on and made the trek to Destination Maternity.  My boobs had literally been spilling out of my bras, and it was starting to cramp my style.  I'm normally a 34C, and I figured 36D was a safe assumption.  WRONG!  Let me go back a second.  The store itself is very nice, but a little more bare than I imagined it in my head.  I must have looked slightly overwhelmed in their bra section whilst trying to figure out why the snaps on the front did not mean it had a strapless option.  One of the salesladies came over and fitted me.  She said, "36D, but let's pull the DD/Es just in case."  Hmm...ok?  So, she snags a few ugly, but supposedly popular options.  I enter the dressing room and toss the larger of the mammoth bras to the side.  It wasn't long before I was reaching back for them.  36E!!!!!!  The lady said DD, but last time I checked, I could read, and those tags said E.  Then she proceeds to tell me that she was pretty sure I'd be in those, but didn't want to scare me since I looked terrified to begin with.  Holy hell.  I realize that I have probably ruined all of my nice, pre-pregnancy bras now.  Way to go, me.  So, to help me feel better, I threw in a Snoogle. :)

The next adventure of the weekend was the baby registry.  Let me just throw out there how much of a trooper Michael is.  He is pure, grade "A" Daddy material.  We walked in, got our scanner and were told they were out of Welcome Packets.  No biggie, except I was looking forward to the shopping guide.  Oh well...  So, we get over to the baby section and I immediately have no idea what to do anymore.  It's like the baby section of any store just completely drowns me.  Michael goes into Daddy-mode and takes over.  I could not have been more thankful!  Then, the scanner stops working.  WTF.  I was just starting to get comfortable.  Michael takes it back to Guest Services and returns with a working gun.  Yay, all is well again.  It ended up not being as awful as I imagined.  I think had we gone with Babies R Us, I may have vomited before it was over.  Target is all about one section, BRU is the entire store.  We made notes of things we wanted but didn't see, and now I need to go update the registry online.  I think we did alright, considering we couldn't pick anything pink or blue.  That may have actually helped us be more selective....maybe.  I'm all over the consumer reports on this stuff!

I feel like we should have another option for the registry.  Maybe Walmart?  Or Amazon?  Can I just copy over what we did at Target? lol  I actually did start one on Amazon, but right now it's just for brainstorming recliners/gliders.

The final touch of this weekend was the great blind swap.  I decided that I wanted to put a white set in the nursery, and get another brown set to put in our bedroom.  So, once we were finally able to track down the right set of brown ones, we headed home.  AFTER we got the white ones in our bedroom down, we realized that the new brown ones were just about 1/2" too wide.  Michael made a trip back out to Home Depot to get them shaved down while I was at a friend's baby shower.  When I got home and saw the swap, I was shocked at the difference.  Getting up in the mornings will never be the same again.  They should have put a "blackout" disclaimer on the box!  They are AWESOME!  The white ones in the nursery didn't make much of a difference in the light (crib is on the same wall as the window), but definitely look better now that I have the white mirror and shelf set hanging up.  Yay for more nursery details! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment