Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Nursery

So, we've added a few more items to the nursery decor :)

I had to paint the mirror and letters.  The mirror was originally black, but it was the exact style I was looking for.  And, it was $30.  The paint & primer was like $8, so I saved A LOT on that front.  All of the white mirrors I have looked at like that were between $150-$200.  o_O

The white bonnet was made for me by my Granny on my dad's side.  She passed away when I was one.  The blanket she made to match the bonnet is drapped across the front of the crib (below).  The owl was just because I felt like that was the only "animal" that matched for the room.  And, the changing pad was from an Etsy shop.  I am totally addicted to that website!  I love that practically everything on it is handmade.  Plus, I could not find a lime green changing pad cover anywhere else to buy or register for.

You can kind of see the white blinds that we swapped out ---->
I think it works better with the white mirror and shelf. 

I have also decided that I do not like our crib bedding as much anymore (selling the 10-piece set on eBay).  I found something else I like better, but even that's not exactly what I was hoping for in my vision.  I am thinking about trying to find the material myself and either make it (with the help of my mom) or commission someone to make it for us.  Basically, I want something brighter and that pulls the lime green in more.

I have also decided that I want to make a quilt!  I have contacted a place in Denham to see if they offer a beginners class since I am completely clueless!  I also need to print out some of the pictures I have saved for painting ideas.  I want to do some canvases for the nursery.  I feel like if I occupy my time "making" things for the nursery, I'll spend less time "buying" things instead! Haha!!  Plus, it adds much more meaning to the room if I make it.

I know that the more we add to the room, the more I will love it.  Right now I just feel like it's bare and a completely unmatched mess. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment