Thursday, March 17, 2011

Weight Gain

And, no, this post is probably not going to go the way you think it is. ;)

I've been tracking my weight gain since we found out I was pregnant.  I wanted to make sure that I stayed on track throughout the pregnancy.  I have not starved myself or denied when I was hungry.  I have really surprised myself lately with the food I can put away!  Trust me, when this chick is hungry, she's going to eat! lol

That being said... I noticed something today.  I have been trying to document my weight at least 2-3 times a week, on the same days if possible.  Sundays and Wednesdays have been the ones I can remember the most.  According to my doc (& the books), I should be gaining about a pound a week right now, on average.  Anyway, according to my research, I think I have been gaining correctly (not really a whole pound per week, but doc hasn't said anything about me being unhealthy), but I've noticed that I weigh less on Sundays than I do on Wednesdays - like around 2lbs less, consistently.  I know that there is possible bloating to keep in mind, but it's just kind of funny to me the way it has been so regular.  I almost completely disregard January's tracking because I lost weight from the flu.  February was when I started to get more normal with my appetite, so I looked at that and March.  Overall, I've gained about 3lbs total this pregnancy - that's from my pre-pregnancy weight.  I think that's alright.  And, until my doctor says different, that's what I'll keep saying. ;)

Anyway, I posted this because I found it a little amusing how consistent it was, and the fact that no one really like to talk about weight gain during pregnancy without getting a little defensive, it seems.  Everyone is different, and every pregnancy is different.  I've been saying this, and will continue to... I know my time is coming!  There's only so many places this baby can continue to grow into on my 5-foot frame! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment