Friday, October 18, 2013

Changes

I'm sure that someone is going to hit me or I'm just going to hit myself before this building process is over.  I contacted my GC for the 2nd time this week regarding electrical work.  The first time was simply a miscommunication from our original discussions of the electrical plans.  Michael wanted internet to be hardwired everywhere there is a cable outlet, which it had not been when we stopped in this week.  No problem.  But, today... I decided I wanted to add all of these other electrical outlets and ideas.  Obviously, I'm probably adding to our price for the electrician, but I'd rather do it now that try to figure it out later.

Basically, I want an outlet in every room's closet.  I was reading about how helpful that can be for cordless vacuums or charging phones out of the way, or anything that might need to be plugged up and out of sight.  And, outlets in the eaves outside the house for easy Christmas decorating,  I also want all of the outside lights to be connected to a master switch in the master bedroom.  If we hear something going on outside, we can immediately flip a switch without having to run across the house.  The last thing would be for the outside outlets to be connected to a switch in the main entrance.  That way there's no having to set a timer or walking around to every outlet and plugging those Christmas lights in.  Just flip a switch, and voila!

So, yeah...  Hopefully, those are the last items as far as electrical goes.

Yesterday, we had our first sit-down look at cabinets.  We pretty much need to make a decision by this afternoon to stay on schedule.  We're waiting on two estimates, and then we'll go from there.  Monday, we are doing our walk for the floors, and those will be worked on next weekend.  I think the roof is the current project (well...and, the electrical still!).  The air conditioning system is in place as of this week, too.  Every time we go out there, something new has happened!  We are staying pretty darn excited! :)  Oh, and we FINALLY made our final decisions on paint.  I am pretty stoked about that!!  I think the palette we chose is going to flow very well and be absolutely perfect.  I haven't had any thoughts about crazy patterns or anything like that in the nursery.  It's important to me that it be something we can live with for more than several years.  With the stripes in Ethan's old room, I knew that we'd be painting again relatively soon (if we stayed in that house).  Thankfully, our renters love the paint and have a baby about a year younger than Ethan.  I was seriously going to cry over all that work we put into it if they asked us to paint over it!

I have been feeling noticeably more calm over the last few days.  I'm pretty sure I can pinpoint it on a few things.  I cut back at my weekend job a good bit.  That has definitely made me feel more in control of this crazy life right now.  The house is coming along at a quick, but comfortable pace - with very few hiccups.  I've been staying consistent with yoga - which I have been using as my "me" time during the week.  And, we are now almost 18 weeks!  This pregnancy is close to halfway over!  How crazy is that?!  I've been feeling the baby roll around every once in a while.  That's pretty sweet.  My little mango. :)

I probably won't post any new pictures of the house until there is a noticeable change (ie. sheet rock).  I don't want to bombard my blog with pictures that look the same - except one might have some wires in it.  Hopefully, I'll have a new picture of the baby to post soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment