Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Cutting it close...

I asked our GC if we'd still be in for Christmas with the items we added today.  He said, "It'll be cutting it close."  But, we'd rather have our house with everything we want (that we can think of) a few days/weeks late, than to have it with our wish list incomplete just because of time.
Basically, we added a shit-ton of outlets, added can lights in the bedrooms and changed the mantle in the living room to something more like this:
We think it will work better for the stained concrete than granite.

Today and tomorrow, they're adding the shingles to the roof.  Tomorrow, the doors and windows will be dropped; and, this weekend, our floors will be done (minus the apoxy finish at the end)!  At some point this week, brick will be dropped and they'll start working on that in the mix.  On our end, we need to pick out our appliances (like yesterday).  Tomorrow afternoon, we're meeting with our cabinet man.  Oh, and I realized that I need to pick out our color/faux finish for all of the cabinets... Ugh!  I thought I was done with paint!

Moving on to more fun and exciting news... We got to see the baby yesterday!  And, we found out what we're having!
This one might have my nose. ;)
We're not sharing the news quite yet.  Michael wants to keep it a secret just a little longer.  Similar to when we had Ethan and no one knew for two hours, he wants to simmer and enjoy these moments of "our little secret" for a while.  We've already told Ethan, so maybe he'll be the ones to spill the beans. :)  But, just know that we are very excited and can't wait for Ethan to meet baby!  We've been having all kinds of fun daydreams about being in the new house with Ethan and baby, watching them grow up.  It's kind of crazy to think that in a little over 4 months, we'll be parents of two beautiful children!

HR class tonight - and, I am so glad this thing is halfway over.  Not that I am unhappy to be taking it for the wealth of information, but it's a serious PITA to attend with everything going on right now.  Did I mention that I got cornered to work one of the booths at the fair this weekend for the Early Learning Center?  As if I didn't have enough on my plate! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment