Thursday, October 24, 2013

Gas, electric or both?

Yesterday was a busy day!  I pretty much picked out the kitchen appliances.  Now, I'm just waiting on a spec sheet with prices.  Eek!  Michael may have not been thinking right when he let me go by myself!

I selected a gas range, vent (to be hidden in the bell hood), ice machine, and dishwasher.  The two things I was looking for in the dishwasher were NO buttons on the outside (Ethan LOVES to play with the dishwasher knobs and buttons - as I'm sure this kid will) and a powerful clean.  The dishwasher in our old house sucks.  Yes, I know that you should rinse dishes off before you put them through the wash, but I would almost have to completely clean them before running.  I want a GREAT dishwasher.  That was easy (& affordable) enough, as was the vent for the range.  The ice machine stole my heart.  I want pellet ice - no ifs, ands or buts!  The one they carry was also the one in their break room.  It is glorious!  I might be more excited about that then the kick-ass "professional" range.  The one I am looking at is a 36" Wolf gas range with four burners and a built-in griddle (I love my dad's). 
Loving the "signature" red knobs
I would love to bump up to a 48" which would give me six burners and a built-in griddle, but that adds over 3k to the price tag.  Ouch.  Just bumping from a 36" gas to a 36" dual (gas top/electric oven) is right under a $3,500 addition to the price.  I have always liked my electric stove just fine at the old house, but I also come from a long line of "gas is always best" when talking about kitchen appliances.  Decisions, decisions...

Afterwards, we met with Clif's mom's boyfriend who has a cabinet business.  This is one area that we're deviating from DSLD's subcontractors.  We've seen Mr. Rickie's work, and know he produces a beautiful, well-made product.  And, he's fricking awesome.

So, the roof is up, vents for the stove & grill and exterior doors go in today; and we're set for the scoring/staining of the concrete this weekend!  Whoop, whoop!  Next, we need to pick tile for the kitchen & tub backsplashes and the shower.  Oh, and I just got a call from the sheetrock peeps - they're delivering next week. o_0  Shit keeps getting' real, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment