Tuesday, October 1, 2013

It's a SLAB!

We have a slab!  Woohoo!
Is it just me, or does it look kinda small?

We are so excited!  Unfortunately, we didn't make it out there in time to do our hand prints on the back patio.  I dug our names out the best I could.

CHEESE!
 
And, now we're waiting on the framing materials to drop this week.  After that, they have 8 days to finish framing.  Then, it will really start to look like a house!

That brings me back to my previous bitching about the rain.  Seriously dude?  GFY.  But, we're still on track to be in the house before Christmas.  Even if we don't get the keys until the night before.  We will sleep on air mattresses, but we will be in our house for Christmas.  It will be glorious.

I was thinking about it last night.  Every time we came across something in our old house that we weren't happy with, the standard response was, "In the next house, we will [insert corrected annoyance/awesome updated item from old house here]."  Now, everything we want, we'll be doing to this house.  I'm sure that once we're in, we'll find things we want to change at some point.  But, there won't be this waiting game attached to it.  THIS is the house we want to raise our family in, that we want to STAY in for many, many years if not the rest of our lives.  So, if I say I want to plant fruit trees, Michael can't tell me that we'll do it in the next house because he doesn't want to waste the time or money on the house we're not staying in. ;)  CANNOT.WAIT!

And, I've started looking into digging the pool at the same time or right after the house is finished.  Crazy much?  It's a stretch, but we'll see.

So, ready for some baby talk?  I'm 15 weeks and still feel like my energy is gone.  I'm going to blame it on the rain.  Seems like a sound reason since the rain is interfering with the house, which means it's interfering with my happiness on some level.  I feel like I'm in a funk.  I am super overwhelmed with work, the HR class, the PHR test in December, working the weekends....I need to get away for a few days and recoup.  But, we're getting into the holidays, and there is SO MUCH going on right now.  Typically, October and November are my absolute favorite months.  The weather is gorgeous and I have so many great memories during those months.  I did request off for our anniversary weekend, so I am praying that MAYBE we can go somewhere for a couple of days.  Seriously, I might lose my shit soon if I don't catch a solid break.

Remind me again why the hell I took on so much at one time?  Oh yeah, because I am the dumbz.

No comments:

Post a Comment