Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hello 2nd Trimester!

Last night was the first time in weeks that I did not get a headache!! Even Michael noticed! It was so nice to have dinner and watch a movie before bed without having to go dig out the Tylenol. I kept waiting for it to hit during 9 o'clock hour, but not this time! One happy pregnant lady over here! :) I guess the 2nd trimester has officially arrived! And, I could not be more excited about it!

So, I may not have "popped" yet, but I definitely have a little belly! I'm trying to get used to it. lol! It still blows my mind to think that I have a little life growing inside of me. I listen to his/her heartbeat recording and watch the ultrasound video every day. It is such an indescribable feeling that comes over me. This little person that I already love so much... Gives me goosebumps! :) I've found a song that I love to listen to while thinking about the baby - Blessed by Elton John. As sappy as it sounds, it makes me feel all warm and happy inside.

Michael's birthday is this Friday. I love celebrating his birthday, but he's so laid back about it. Every year I try to do something grand for him, but all he really wants is to hang out with family and friends. So, since this is his Golden Birthday, I told him we would do whatever HE wants, 100% I will make it happen - and not throw any extra frills in. lol So, we're going to have our family dinner at his favorite Mexican place, and then hang out with friends at a local pub. I am having a really hard time restraining myself! LOL! But, I promised. :) I was sooooo tempted to rent out the Laser Tag place again! I know he'd have a great time, but this is what he wants. I have to keep telling myself that!

2 comments:

  1. I Love all your updates :) All the little things like your crackers being missing and your new maternity shirt :) It's also cute imagining you sitting in front of the computer watching your baby's ultrasound and listening to "blessed" by elton john :) I'm so happy for y'all and this special time in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you stop getting headaches. It was starting to worry me. Our kid will be born with Tylenol immunity probably.

    You always want my b-day to be a special and grand event. But, just being with my friends and family makes it exactly that. Besides, with our baby on the way, it makes these times out with people more special for me.

    Like your Elton John moments at work, I have my own. Our computers wipe out pics and downloads everynight for security reasons. So everyday, I download the ultrasound pics, and set them to my desktop. That definately makes the stressful times at work seem like nothing.

    ReplyDelete