Monday, January 10, 2011

Too early to think about a baby registry?

If you read my last post, you know about the nightmare I experienced at Babies R Us. Now that Michael and I have started shopping for the baby, it has me thinking about when it comes time for our registry.

For every baby shower I have ever been invited to, it has always been Babies R Us for the registry. I really, really do not want to register there after this past weekend, for many reasons. One, we have only ONE option when it comes to the store itself. Two, the prices are ridiculously high in comparison to Target/Wal-Mart and online stores. Three, if it drives me crazy to shop there, then I do not want to bother my loved ones with it.

I did a little research, and I think I have come down to a decision. Outside of Babies R Us, Target was rated the next best for baby registries. They have a pretty good selection and much more reasonable prices in comparison. Like I said, I know it's early, but I couldn't help but to think about it after the "experience" of last Friday.

Am I strange? Will people think I'm crazy for not going with the "tried & true" baby store??

2 comments:

  1. no one thinks you are strange. in fact you are more loved for your decision! lol. i am not a fan of babies-r-us for the exact same reason!

    ReplyDelete